With the new 7.x version of XenApp, Citrix made many changes to its infrastructure and to the way it works; hence Packt Publishing, that is the editor of my first book about XenApp, asked me for a new, updated edition:
The book consists of four chapters and covers the following topics:
- the new Flexcast Management Architecture (FMA): how to build scalable and well-performing infrastructures
- the new tool for deploying worker servers: Machine Creation Services (MCS)
- the main differences between XenApp 6.5 and XenApp 7.x
- the tools to administer and monitor the infrastructure: Director, EdgeSight, Powershell and OData API
- functions and settings to optimize hardware resources and to balance the load
- how to optimize the end user experience
- how to control user profiles and sessions with Citrix Profile Management, ICA Keep-alive…
- the use of AppDNA to analyse and optimize the applications
- how to publish applications through geographic links (WAN)
- the use of WANem to simulate different links
- traffic shaping settings to optimize the usage of the bandwidth
- the use of CloudBridge as wan accelerator
The book is available on the editor’s website and on the major online webstores, in printed and electronic (ebook) version.
Packt Publishing also gave me the opportunity to give away 3 free copies of the book. To win your copy of this book, all you need to do is come up with a comment below highlighting the reason “why you would like to win this book”. The contest is valid to sunday 2 november and is open to everyone. Winners will be selected on the basis of their comment posted.