In this third blog post, I’m going to show you the logical view of my Nixie clock and two of its main elements: the real time clock, to keep track of the current time, and the expander, to add more I/O lines.
Here are my clock’s main elements:
- A power supply with 5V (for Arduino and modules) and 170V (for Nixie tubes) outputs;
- an Arduino Mini;
- a touch-sensor module (will be described in a following post);
- an RTC module, connected via I2C bus;
- an IC to add some I/O ports to Arduino, connected via I2C bus too;
- four 74141 Nixie tube drivers;
- four ZM1177 Nixie tubes.
In the next page, some details about two of those elements…